Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June Recap

My last post was in May! Okay, I admit it. I'm a bad blogger. I thought I would give a quick recap of the major highlights of each of the months I've missed with a few pictures to illustrate.

June began our busy summer. One of the fun events of the month was Nathan's first invite to a friends birthday party. We went to the Rainbow Play Systems showroom for Emma Bruin's birthday.


Nathan had fun trying out all of the different playsets...


...and even playing baseball with Dad and Ben on the basketball court.


In June, we also attended Baby Gideon Blumhagen's baptism party. It was a fun time with lots of bubble-blowing...


... and meeting new friends. Here Nathan has some playtime with Gideon's cousin, Cedrick.


Here's the star of the day: Baby Gideon with his Dad! As you can see, all the fun wore him out!


The month ended with Chris and I's first trip away from Nathan. He stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa Reinecke while Chris and I went to Lexington, Kentucky for Chris's friend Jon's wedding. It was a quick trip, but a lot of fun. The rehearsal dinner was held at the home of Churchill Down's CEO Bob Evans where we dined while over looking the sunset over a field of amazing horses.


After the wedding ceremony at the Methodist church in downtown Lexington, we boarded buses to the reception at Spindle Top Hall. It was an absolutely amazing mansion which you could tour. It was like we were attending at beautiful wedding in a movie!

The Bride and Groom, Carrie and Jon, just looked amazing!


And it was so fun to spend time with all of Chris's buddies. They are some of the funniest guys you'll ever meet!

It was a picture perfect night.... for everyone!

1 comments:

DFWKnitter said...

I was just thinking that it had been a while since you posted! I love the fall leaves... makes me wish for cooler weather :) Update us soon on July, Aug, and Sept - I love to see the pictures.