Our First Christmas Hosting!
I am so ready for Christmas - well, almost. I'm wasting time and procrastinating on cleaning the house by writing this blog.
Chris's mom, Kathy, and step-dad, Gary, will be staying with us over the Christmas holiday! They'll be getting in town sometime on Saturday. I've got all of our holiday meals planned and the food purchased!
Christmas Eve, I'm planning on using the Fajita Set that Stephanie and David gave me for Christmas. It comes with a fajita pan and seasoning and marinade. We'll do fajitas for Christmas Eve with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, pico de galla, and sour cream! I'm going to make refried beans and spanish rice for side dishes.
Christmas Day Dinner is all about the Ham! I've already purchased a 3.5 lb honey-baked ham from Heavenly Ham. I'm going to make my mom's potato salad, a veggie mix of carrots, broccoli, and cawliflower with cheese sauce, deviled eggs, and crescent rolls. I've picked up the ingredients to make Kathy's Pistachio Pie with graham cracker crust.
And just this morning, I found these cute Christmas Dishes at Target! They were only $9.99 and came with four dinner plates, four dessert plates, four bowls, and four coffee mugs. They match perfectly with the place mats that Chris's Aunt Mary gave me a few years back. I haven't had an opportunity to use them until now! I'm super excited. Check out the new plates and the place mats below!
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

0 comments:
Post a Comment