Christmas Success!!
Chris and I survived the Christmas holiday. We had such a blast! But I am pooped. I felt like I just woke up early, went to work, came home, cooked, ate, played Quiddler, and was back in bed again each night by 7 PM. Then the pattern started all over again!
I'll provide a link below where you can see all of the pictures, but here are a couple.
This is from Christmas Eve when we had our Mexican Feast. We had yummy fajitas with the seasoning and marinade that Steph and David gave me. We also made margaritas. Everything just tasted sooooo good!
On Christmas Day, I was home from work around 8:30 AM, so Gary made us blueberry pancakes. We went to 10 AM Christmas Day Mass, which was very nice - although I didn't think the music was that great. The clarinets were very screaching.
We opened gifts when we got home. Chris gave me an electric toothbrush, cat socks, new PJs, Prince's Greatest Hits CD
and an Arby's gift card!! Because Chris knows I love those roast beef sandwiches!! Yum-O.
Gary and Kathy gave me a JCPenney's gift card, a Nicolas Sparks book, and a beautiful ivory sweater with sparklies on it.
After gifts, we started cooking. I baked the Honey-Baked Ham, crescent rolls, deviled eggs, cheesy veggies, and deviled eggs. Chris's mom made her Sweet Potatoe Casserole (per Chris's request - it's his favorite). It was all sooooooo good! We drank our Iowa wine with it and lit our crystal candles (that we got from Jenny for our wedding).
I think my very first Christmas dinner was a success!! Who'd like to come next year?
Here are all of the pictures: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8Abt2Lhm3auGVl

0 comments:
Post a Comment