Monday, July 09, 2007

You blew a gasket, Hunnie! (And other Anniversary News)

Chris and I celebrated our two year anniversary today! And it was our first time spending an anniversary together You may remember that last year (for our first anniversary), Chris was in California... but we won't talk about that!

The fun started yesterday when we bought myself a jewelry armoire - one of those stand alone armoires with all of the jewelry drawers and places to hang necklaces. It is just perfect!! I have so much jewelry it was no longer fitting in my jewelry box anymore! I couldn't close the lid and all of my necklaces were getting tangled. So after church on Sunday, we went to a local furniture store and looked around and found the perfect armoire. I love it!!

This morning, I woke up with a beautiful anniversary card lying next to my Cinnamon Toast Crunch :) And this afternoon, Chris came home from work with two roses! Such a sweetie pie!
We ended the evening with dinner at a local Italian Bistro called Sam and Gabe's. Here is their website: www.samandgabes.com We've never been to this place before, but my hair stylist recommended it. It was perfect! It was dimly lit with candles on the tables and was not a huge place - it was pretty small and cozy with very nice decor. Loved it! The food was very good too. I got a spinach tortellini with peas, mushrooms, and proscuttio in a cream sauce - and Chris got Penne Julio (a fancy penne pasta dish with homemade sausage and peppers). I also have to say that their salads were amazing! And we finished the meal by sharing Tiramisu. Yum!! It was all great! I even have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

The best part of my anniversary days was when Chris stopped playing his video game on Sunday afternoon and came upstairs where I was cleaning the bathrooms. He comes up and says "Hunnie, what can I do to help you?" How nice!! He actually stopped playing his video game to help me with chores. What a guy! I tell him if he'd clean his bathroom, it would be very helpful. He gets to work and I come in and ask why he came up and asked what he could do. He says, "The last time you were upstairs cleaning the bathrooms and I was playing my XBox - you blew a gasket!!" Ha!! I guessed blowing a gasket worked!

Now it's time to start year 3!!

0 comments: