Happy 4th of July!
It was a busy 4th of July weekend for the Walterbach Family. I was lucky enough to get the weekend off of work thanks to Wimbeldon coverage on NBC. No weekend morning shows. It was a nice break from the grind. It's funny though how a few days off make you really ready to return to work and get you excited again to be back!
Anyways... the weekend was busy. Chris had Friday off of work so we took that time to clean the house. I always appreciate Chris's help with the cleaning. Friday night, my friend Sara came over and we scrapbooked. Nate went to bed easily... so Chris and I had a nice evening just chilling with Sara and her husband, Brandon. Chris and Brandon watched the Twins game. Sara and I worked hard on our scrapbooks.

We woke up early on Saturday morning and went to the Urbandale 4th of July parade with our neighbors, The Olsons and The DeBruins. I love the Urbandale Parade. I have to say it is probably the best town parade I've been too. I compare it to the parades held back in Marietta, Georgia during my childhood and the Marietta parades are really lacking. There's just so much more spirit here in Iowa. There are more participants in the parade, more spectators lining the streets, and more candy being thrown!


We wrapped up the weekend taking in a baseball game in Kansas City. We drove two hours south to see the Royals play the Chicago White Sox. Kauffman Stadium is a fabulous baseball stadium. They had a carosal and mini-golf course for kids, beautiful fountains, and lots of good stadium food. We went to the game with some of Chris's extended Walterbach family. It was our second time visiting them and another good time!


0 comments:
Post a Comment