Wild July Weather
I'm amazed at the weather we've had here in Iowa recently. On Tuesday night just before Midnight, a couple of thunderstorm rolled through the metro area. They weren't too incredibly crazy... except for the LARGE SIZE of the hail. This is the biggest hail I've seen reported in the metro area since we moved here in '06.
Here are a few pictures from some of our station's viewers. I'm so impressed with their pictures! Yes, you are looking at 3 inch hail!

My friend, Kristen, said she was woken up by the hail at her house. She said it was like "Thud, thud, thud" on her roof. I don't think we saw that kind of hail at our house... but I did hear little thunks that night.
Now after the hail... we are enjoying highs in the 70s and possible record lows by morning! What is going on?! That is unusual for even Iowa in July. We're typically closer to the 90s at this time!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Posted by Megan at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Geesh...we must have gotten your weather...we have been in the 90s+ and humid...strange for WA in July....we are dying no one around here has AC! - Betsy
Post a Comment