What a Summer!
Here's a recap of the last month. It has been busy. Where do the summers go??
I repainted the den and the kitchen with the help of Kristen and Chris.
We had new carpet installed just last week. What a process! Almost as hard as moving. Thank goodness Chris's Mom and Step-Dad were willing to help us out. Gary tore our carpet out all on his own! He says it keeps him young. I say we refuse to let him do such a job the next time he volunteers. Our stain covered carpet is out of here and in it's place is this beautiful "Maple Leaf" Mohawk Smart Strand carpet.
We took a trip down to Texas. It was Nate's first 14 hour road trip and his first trip to his Nana and Pa's house on Lake Granbury. I was pleased overall with how he did on the road. The ride down was a little rough, especially the last few hours. But we made it.
We also met our new niece, Helen Lucille. She was born a the end of June. She is an adorable baby girl with a head full of black hair. She has her dad's hair and skin tone and her mom's face! It was so odd holding such a little baby again. I forgot how floppy they are!
Chris and I are Helen's godparents and we were lucky enough to be there for her Baptism.
Nate is standing on his own now. He's even taken a step or two on his own. But he's still mostly just crusing along the furniture and crawling around. He's eating basically everything we eat (in small bits of course), but he LOVES to eat.

2 comments:
First, I'm impressed that you took an 11 month old on a 14 hour road trip and survived! And second, I love the pictures with the bear. It totally looks like you used two different bears--one giant one and one small one--but that's great for showing his growth.
I miss my Nathan! :(
Post a Comment