Fair Time!!!
In 2008, I sadly had to miss the Iowa State Fair due to being nearly 9 months pregnant. But I have made my come back!

This weekend, I was live at the State Fair for our morning show. I got to interview a couple of teens from 4-H, a Belly Dance Troop, the teen who made Iowa's Ugliest Cake (Bird Poop Surprise), and a group of great little dancers from Becky's Dance Studio. It was a lot of fun!
It was also a morning of a forecasting oops. I forcasted dry weather... but this line of showers out west which looked to fizzle out before getting to Des Moines... made it to Des Moines... and then fizzled. I was so PISSED. I hate when I screw up the forecast. I constantly think about it all day just pining away over it. What was most frustrating is that the line of showers only made it to West Des Moines (where it poured) and on the east side of town, we only had about 10 minutes of rain (mostly sprinkles, with only a couple minutes of heavy rain). If I had been in studio, instead of out live in the field, I would have been able to keep track of the rain out west and make adjustments - but when I'm out live, I'm at the mercy of Mother Nature.
Anyways after the show, I worked our Channel 13 booth and was able to talk to a lot of nice people. Chris and Nathan showed up a couple of hours later and it was time to walk the Fair!

I think we know too many people because most of our friends were there! Here's a picture of the gang:
It was a lot of fun to take Nate to see the animals. He really liked the sheep... including this one, the State Fair's biggest Ram!
Overall it was a good day. It was another great year at the Fair and I hope the viewers forgive my rainy blunder!
In 2008, I sadly had to miss the Iowa State Fair due to being nearly 9 months pregnant. But I have made my come back!
This weekend, I was live at the State Fair for our morning show. I got to interview a couple of teens from 4-H, a Belly Dance Troop, the teen who made Iowa's Ugliest Cake (Bird Poop Surprise), and a group of great little dancers from Becky's Dance Studio. It was a lot of fun!
It was also a morning of a forecasting oops. I forcasted dry weather... but this line of showers out west which looked to fizzle out before getting to Des Moines... made it to Des Moines... and then fizzled. I was so PISSED. I hate when I screw up the forecast. I constantly think about it all day just pining away over it. What was most frustrating is that the line of showers only made it to West Des Moines (where it poured) and on the east side of town, we only had about 10 minutes of rain (mostly sprinkles, with only a couple minutes of heavy rain). If I had been in studio, instead of out live in the field, I would have been able to keep track of the rain out west and make adjustments - but when I'm out live, I'm at the mercy of Mother Nature.
Anyways after the show, I worked our Channel 13 booth and was able to talk to a lot of nice people. Chris and Nathan showed up a couple of hours later and it was time to walk the Fair!
I think we know too many people because most of our friends were there! Here's a picture of the gang:

0 comments:
Post a Comment