The State Fair is Even Better the 2nd Time Around!
I've become such a sucker for the Iowa State Fair. I mean not be a homegrown Iowan, but I have sure grown to love this state... including the State Fair! We made our second trip to the State Fair tonight. I'm involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters, so we took my Little Sister Sarah to the Fair tonight. (We've been paired up since September of 2006.)
I think my favorite part of tonight was visiting the Butterfly House! It was so neat to see the little butterflies flying around. This has to be my favorite picture of the night:
I did kind of feel bad for the butterflies... as I did see some on the ground and they looked to be smushed (is that a word?). I also saw a few that looked to have torn wings. That made me a little sad.
Nate has not gotten too drawn in to kids programming yet, but we introduced him to Clifford The Big Red Dog at the IPTV booth. He wasn't scared at all and really liked Cliff's big nose!
We also ran into Sparky (Jan, you would be proud). But Nate wasn't too thrilled with a dog in fire fighting gear. (I love Nate's expression!)
We ended the night by feeding the camels :)
I sure do miss my baby!!!
Good night, State Fair... I'll see you again Saturday morning!
I've become such a sucker for the Iowa State Fair. I mean not be a homegrown Iowan, but I have sure grown to love this state... including the State Fair! We made our second trip to the State Fair tonight. I'm involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters, so we took my Little Sister Sarah to the Fair tonight. (We've been paired up since September of 2006.)
I think my favorite part of tonight was visiting the Butterfly House! It was so neat to see the little butterflies flying around. This has to be my favorite picture of the night:
Nate has not gotten too drawn in to kids programming yet, but we introduced him to Clifford The Big Red Dog at the IPTV booth. He wasn't scared at all and really liked Cliff's big nose!
Good night, State Fair... I'll see you again Saturday morning!

1 comments:
It looks like you guys had a great time! We're not native Iowans either, but we're hooked too. :)
To answer the questions you posted on my blog, they had a handful of kiddie midway rides in the front, toward the far right. I think the height minimum was 36 inches, though, so probably nothing for your little guy yet.
As for my picture collages, my old photo editing program crashed and I haven't been able to revive it. So I've been playing around with Picasa, which is where I've been able to make the collages. You select the photos you want in it, and then hit the collage button. Then you can play with different layouts and sizes. If you want to insert your collage into your blog header, click on "customize" and then hit the "edit" button in the header. It should let you select an image (your collage or another picture) for the header box. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)
Post a Comment