Terrific Thanksgiving!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Chris's mom, Kathy, and Step-Dad Gary.
I was blessed to have Wednesday and Thursday off on Thanksgiving week.
Kathy and Gary arrived on Tuesday evening. We had dinner at our new Ruby Tuesdays, which is very good by the way. We've eaten there a few times and I have yet to have a bad meal. Plus, we always get buy 1, get 1 coupons - that's a plus. However, Nate was not being cooperative and threw more food on the floor than he ate.
On Wednesday, Gary did us a huge favor by having our Christmas lights. (My dad will have the honor of taking them down at the end of December... Get ready, Dad.) I helped by handing along the string of lights as he worked along the gutters. We probably could not have gotten the lights up without him, because Chris is a cripple. (He fell while playing basketball at the gym and did something to his elbow).
We also made a few last minute runs to the grocery store to get a few more items for Thanksgiving dinner.
The big day, Gary again worked his magic in the kitchen. He prepped the turkey and got it in the oven. I made a few sides like potatoes and green bean casserole.
And everything was delicious! Here is our turkey.
And here is our table.
And here's the other turkey!

0 comments:
Post a Comment