Saturday, July 09, 2011

6 Years with My Sweetheart

Today is Chris and I's 6 year Anniversary. July 9th, 2005 I married the love of my life in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. It was a hot July day with puffy white cumulus clouds (yes, I remember looking at the sky). It was a wonderful day spent with some of our best friends and family.


When we were talking about what we were going to do for our anniversary, it seemed we were headed to do the same old thing... which is good... I love a nice dinner out. But an idea popped into my head. Why don't we go out and actually use the set of golf clubs and golf shoes I purchased the year I was pregnant with Nathan. Nearly 3 years later, I had still never gotten around to using them! This was the perfect excuse to make the time!

I have never been on a golf course and actually played. I've only been to the driving range (thank you to my high school/college boyfriend, Michael... happy birthday by the way!)

We found a beginners Par 3 9-hole course north of Des Moines at Jester Park. Perfect for a newbie like me! I had an absolute blast!! All of the practice I remember from the driving range and my one golf course at UGA came back to me.



Granted I went way above par with a score of 59... but I never lost my ball and only hit two sand traps :)


We are totally doing this again! I had such a blast! I think I'm hooked and ready to take on 18 holes.

We were hot and sweaty after our afternoon on the green, so we had a "romantic" dinner at the local Ruby Tuesdays. Classy, I know. But the day was just about spending time alone with my hunnie. And the Watermelon Margarita was delish.

And very predictably, we took the opportunity of having a babysitter and made a Target and Old Navy run. Old Navy was having an awesome sale.

I found this Smocked Floral Tube Top in a green color


This Button-Front Denim skirt that looks fabulous with the above tube top:


This Smocked Jersey Tube Dress in brillant blue (perfect for tomorrow's book club at Lake Red Rock):


All of that for only $27! So excited to have some new summer pieces. I'm going to be one hot wife and momma :) Yay!

1 comments:

Eleanor said...

Congratulations honey on 6 great years! We did think of you for about a minute as we do-sa-do !! We had a blast this weekend too. Love you both!