Meal Plan - First Edition
I'm obsessed with bloggers that post their meal plans, recipes, and grocery store deals! I'm going to try to keep up with my attempts to shop smart and cook well.
This week's menu includes using quite a few things I already have frozen in the fridge from previous grocery store trips - so this week's trip to the store should be on the limited side, as far as what I need to buy.
Friday - Garlic Chicken with Orzo
Sunday - Neighborhood Cookout
Monday - Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
Tuesday - Southwest Roll-Ups with watermelon
Wednesday - Frozen Pizza
I'm only going to need to purchase the following to make this week's dinner menu happen:
- feta cheese
- mixed greens
- spinach
- fresh parsley
- turkey meatballs
The rest of the ingredients I've purchased in week's past, as I have a stash of Chicken Leg Quarters, Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts, pasta (orzo and spaghetti), frozen pizzas, and the Southwest Roll-Ups (which I made earlier this month and had 3 nights worth of Southwest Roll-Ups for meals).
I'm also going to attempt to get a good deal at Hy-Vee with their deal for $5 off a future shopping trip after purchasing $25 of select Kimberly Clark products. The products include Huggies Good Nights (over night pull up type pants)... which we are out of overnight diapers for Nathan. Plus I have 2 $2/1 Good Nights coupons! Kotex Pads and Liners are also on sale for $2.79 and included in the deal, and I also have coupons off a purchase of two of these as well. So I should EASILY get to the $25 on things I need and have additional coupons for! Then I will have a $5 off coupon for our next grocery trip.
Bananas (.39) and green grapes (.99) are also on sale for really great prices. General Mills cereals are on sale... and I have some coupons there. I also need to grab some lunch meat and bread for sandwiches this week.
The in-laws arrive on next Thursday night and they are staying here with Nathan over the weekend, so I'm going to let them decide what they'll like to eat for meals (since Chris and I won't be here... getting ready for a wedding!!).
So that is the plan! I'm really excited about my short shopping list this week!

0 comments:
Post a Comment