Monday, August 01, 2011

National Balloon Classic

Last year, I took Nathan to the National Balloon Classic in Indianola. It was a fabulous and beautiful experience that I knew I wanted to go back this year with Chris. We also invited my Little Sister Sarah (Big Brothers Big Sisters) to join us. Unforetunatly unlike last year when dozens of balloons lifted off right in front of us... this year the wind was too strong. So the evening we were there it was pilot's choice on whether or not they wanted to fly. About a half dozen balloons tried to lift off in front of the crowd, but only the balloon pictured below was able to beat the wind and get in the air.

We still had a nice (but hot evening) sitting in the crowd waiting to see the colors in the sky. While we waited, Nate took this picture of Chris, Sarah and I... and the rest of the crowd. He's becoming quite the little photographer.


Normally the sky behind Sarah and I in this picture below would be filled with magnificent colors. Oh well.

As we left, there were balloons that had been able to take off further south of the field. They floated in over our heads. These two balloons are balloons that the public can pay to ride in. They have huge baskets!

We had one final show... on the drive home, we drove directly under the Miami balloon! You can't tell in this picture but it was very low and close to the road!


Here is a little this year and last year comparison... I love looking back!

August 2011




July 2010

0 comments: