
Movie Review: The Illusionist
GREAT MOVIE!! Chris and I were trying to decide what movie to go and see this afternoon. We were considering Hollywoodland and The Black Dahlia, but only heard negative things about them so we weren't convinced. I came across The Illusionist and found a good review on the movie. It sounded interesting to me, so we decided to check it out and we were not dissapointed!!
This movie follows an Illusionist (magician) in Vienna. It is a period movie and back before cars... probably the early 1800s, if I had to guess. The illusionist is reunited with a childhood friend who is now a Duchess sworn to be married to the Prince (who she does not want to marry). The movie is very good... showing the illusionist's shows and scenes of the romantic relationship between the illusionist and the duchess.
I love all the actors in the movie! Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti are two of my favorites. They are a thrill to watch on screen.
I wasn't sold on Jessica Biel and quite skeptical. She's the gal who was once on the TV show, Seventh Heaven. But she was fabulous in this movie! I really enjoyed watching her.
I highly recommend seeing this movie... even spending the money to see it in a theater. But it will still be just as good as a rental.
Chris even liked this movie and was glad we saw it! And he's so hard to please!!
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Posted by Megan at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment