
Too bad for all of you! You missed a great party! Chris and I have been really excited about having people over for our first party in our house. This is the first time we've really had anyone over from our neighborhood and work. So we went all out!
Here is the table: As you can see it is packed full of food... fruit and veggie trays, chips and dip, peanuts, pickles, peanut butter cookies (which I made myself!), and chick-fil-a chicken nugget tray. The nugget tray was a huge hit! Because we only have a chick-fil-a in the mall here, a lot of the people at our party had never had their chicken before and now they said they would have to go to the mall and try it out!
We had all different types of drinks: soda, a half keg of beer, margaritas, and wine! I was really excited because I got to use our nice margarita glasses and wine glasses that we recieved from our wedding. I never get to use them... so this was a treat!
I also made cheese and spinach bars... minus the ecoli! I used frozen spinach which is supposedly safe. So let's hope so!
We had a good mix of people... not too few, not too many! We had four different couples come from our neighboorhood and about 15 people from my work. Most people didn't stay the whole time, but came and went. Everyone seems to be really impressed with our house! One of the photojournalist really liked our back porch. He kept going on and on about how we had a party porch! So maybe we will need to do more get togethers in the future.
Here are a couple pictures from the end of the night. These folks were the lucky ones to be the last to leave. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of anyone who was at the house earlier in the night.
This is me and a bunch of the gals from work: Liz (morning show reporter), Kerry (nightside reporter), me, Elisha (former assignment editor), and Jennay (a mix of day/night/weekend reporter). I think they are all so pretty! I don't know how I can stand up to them.
And here is Chris and a couple of our neighbors, the ones brave enough to stay the latest! Oh and one photojournalist! Chris, Jeff (two doors to our left) and Kim and Tom (right next door on the right), and Bill is the guy covering his face with the glass (he works with me as a photojournalist).
We had a really good time! I'm glad so many people came. I hope they enjoyed themselves!


0 comments:
Post a Comment