Fabulous Fall Day!
It's been a busy Saturday for the Walterbachs. I started the day at 3 AM. Bright and early for work I go! Work was uneventful. We have fantastic weather, so it was easy forecasting for me.
After work, Chris and I went to Jason's Deli for lunch where I had a California Club with fruit salad and their delicious fruit dip. Hmmm mmm mmm! We ran to Home Depot and picked up some primer because my dad says we needed to put it on our back window where he puttyed the rotting parts.
Then we made a mad dash to the Iowa State Fairgrounds. There is a Cat Show in town and we wanted to check it out. Boy, was it strange!! We saw persian cats and cats with curled ears and hairless hats and many more! And the people were odd themselves. But it was a good experience for us, although Chris says he doesn't think he'll ever need to go to another cat show.
Chris humored me and we went for a little hike at Walnut Woods State Park in Des Moines. It's just a small state park and only has 2 miles of hiking trails. The trail was basically flat (imagine that in Iowa! Ha!) But it was a nice walk through the woods. There were lots of tall beautiful trees. I will have to say that so far I'm not too impressed with the "fall colors" in Iowa. Everything is pretty dull. Fall was much more glorious in Western Wisconsin. Sorry that I did not bring my camera on the hike. I forgot to bring it!
After our hike, we stopped by our local Earl May Garden Center where they had a Pumpkin Festival today. Pumpkins were 99 cents! So we picked up one pumpkine (already had one at home that Jerry Klouver, our garden expert at work, gave me).
While at Earl May, the manager just hands me this huge mum!! I mean huge! He's like "Here have this!" So I'm like, "Okay??" Then we ran to Big Lots and bought a rake and gardening gloves.
We spent the late afternoon in the yard. Chris dug a hole for my mum, while I raked the leaves.
After I got the mum planted, I helped Chris bag the leaves.
It's hard work doing yard work.. and I'm a Georgia Girl at heart (notice I'm wearing my UGA t-shirt.. Goo DAWGS!), so I needed a break and had "The Real Thing".
And Chris had to admire his Vikings flag from time to time. The Twins let him down this week in the playoffs against the A's... so now he's depending on the Vikings (which isn't saying much).

It's just a gorgeous day today! Sunny skies, breezy winds from the south, and temperatures right around 80 degrees. Unforetunatly, it all comes tumbling down tomorrow... by Monday, highs will be in the 50s and they will stay in the 50s all week. In fact, on Thursday morning we will have our first freeze (and my new mum will probably die) and the highs won't get out of the 40s!!! Ugh! So it was a good day for Chris and I to spend outside.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Posted by Megan at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment