Friday, September 07, 2007

This is slightly over due... but later late than never. On Labor Day after I worked the morning and noon shows, Chris and I drove up to Saylorville Lake. It's only about 15 minutes from us. I really can't believe we have come to the lake more often. It's very beautiful with many parks and trails. Here are a few pictures we took.

The first picture is of the lake while we were standing on the Saylorville Dam.



Here is the other side of the dam where the water is released and the Des Moines river continues on toward Des Moines. The water is incredibly rough and scary. Man, if you would get caught down there... there's no way you are coming out.



Here I am facing south with the river flowing off behind me.

And of course, here is Chris and I's traditional couple picture!

0 comments: