R-O-C-K in the D-S-M
The highly anticipated blog on the John Mellencamp concert has arrived! And I'll just start by admitting that.... I DID NOT BRING MY CAMERA! Can you believe that? I never forget my camera. But because I wasn't worrying about taking pics, I really got to enjoy the show.
Mellencamp opened with Pink Houses. AWESOME! Let me tell you, this guy has some hair. It reminds me of Conan O'Brian's crazy do. He was just shakin' that hair around and it was all bouncy and full. Nice. Chris really liked his little jumps around the stage.

There were bras being tossed on the stage from time to time and Mellencamp would just kick them off the stage. He didn't seem interested. A couple other great songs were Paper and Fire, Scarecrow, Small Town, This is Our Country (Chris's previously promised bathroom break), and ended the show with an Jack and Diane.
And of course, we are in Iowa - so the show was not complete without a visit by a presidential candidate. John Mellencamp called John Edwards on to the stage. It was a mixed crowd.... cheers mixed with plenty of boos. The boos were very loud. It actually was a very uncomfortable situation and I felt bad for Edwards. His appearance at the concert even made the national news!! I saw a clip of it on the Today Show this morning. I also found quite a few interesting articles on it from around the country as well:
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/11/10/459437.aspx
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2007/11/10/politics/horserace/entry3483806.shtml
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2007/11/edwards.html
I'm really surprised this little incident got national coverage! But apparently the two Johns are old friends - so why can't Edwards be there? I don't see harm in it.So anyways... John ended the night with his encore of Authority and the night would not be complete without Chris's 80s Dance!! Which happened during Authority... thank god, I was hoping he'd do it.
Overall, it was a great night! And worth staying up past my bedtime!

0 comments:
Post a Comment