Monday, February 23, 2009

Brooke's Turkey/Chicken Mexican Soup

My co-worker Brooke shared a fabulous recipe with me and last week, I gave it a go! What I loved about it is how easy it was... and that it's a Mexican-type dish. And for anyone who knows me, I love Mexican. (Amber, am I right??)

I hope she doesn't mind... but as I usually do when I have a successful go at a recipe, I wanted to share it! I even took a picture, but deleted it accidentally. Sorry.

Ingredients:
3 or 4 chicken or turkey breasts
1 jar Salsa Verde (Pace brand)
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 can drained black beans
1/2 tb cumin
1/2 pkg of frozen corn

Place everything in crockpot. Cook on low 7 to 9 hours or on high 5 hours.

Shred the chicken/turkey breast, then add 3 tb of cream cheese.

Serve with tortilla chips and top with cheese or sour cream... or even more salsa!

This is a good one! I highly recommend it. We had enough left over where I froze the leftovers for another dinner later this week.

0 comments: