Weekend Trip to Minnesota
We started the month of October with a weekend trip to Minneapolis. It was nice to have a few days off of work - but I tell you what, traveling is no easy task.
We left on Thursday once Chris finished work. The goal was to have Nate sleep in the car on the drive up (he usually goes to bed around 7:30). Well, he slept for the first two hours - but the second two hours, he wanted nothing to do with sleeping. And once he arrived, he was all wired and would not go to sleep. I don't think he went down until about 12:30. I was so wiped out. And he didn't sleep well. The following nights he went to bed easier... but he would still wake up frequently. I think he just wasn't used to his surroundings and boy did it make it hard for Mom and Dad to get their Zzzz's.
Our days were jam packed!




We left on Thursday once Chris finished work. The goal was to have Nate sleep in the car on the drive up (he usually goes to bed around 7:30). Well, he slept for the first two hours - but the second two hours, he wanted nothing to do with sleeping. And once he arrived, he was all wired and would not go to sleep. I don't think he went down until about 12:30. I was so wiped out. And he didn't sleep well. The following nights he went to bed easier... but he would still wake up frequently. I think he just wasn't used to his surroundings and boy did it make it hard for Mom and Dad to get their Zzzz's.
Our days were jam packed!
Day One
Grandpa Gary and Dad go to the U of Minnesota and the U of Wisconsin Game
Nathan shows his school spirit!
Nathan shows his school spirit!
Nathan meets his step-cousins Gracie and Jack.
Dad's buddies, Mark and Matt, swing by to say hello to Chris and Nate.
Nathan seemed to really love baseball! He clapped the whole time and behaved really well!
After the baseball game, we made the long journey back to Iowa. And Nathan slept nice and peacefully :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment