Saturday, June 30, 2007


Another busy day in the life of Megan... I went live from the Des Moines Arts Festival this morning and it was a blast.




I interviewed three different artists and for one of the interviews, I had a $100,000 diamond ring on my finger! This is the ring:




It's hard to tell in this picture - but in real life, the diamonds were huge! The artist creates stackable jewels, where you can mix and match the different ring pieces. It was pretty cool. Here is his website: http://www.trisko.com/



After the show, I stayed at the Channel 13 booth and help to blow up and hand out Channel 13 balloons. Man, that place is swamped with kids. It's one kid after the other with no relief. Time goes fast though.



Chris arrived at 2 PM and we walked around the arts festival and saw some amazing work! I really wanted to buy so many different pieces to decorate our house, but the artwork at the least was a couple hundred bucks - most near a thousand bucks! Not in our budget.... It really was beautiful though and very interesting.



In the past, the Des Moines Arts Festival has been ranked the third best in the country. I can see why now!

0 comments: