Happy Easter!!
Easter 2009 turned out a little differently then we expected this year. This was actually the first Easter in 7 years that I did not have to work. Can you imagine? Our hope was to make the drive up to Minnesota on Friday to visit Gary and Kathy. My health had other plans.
Friday - I was in bad shape. I was coming down with a horrible cold. I had no energy and just felt wiped out. The fact that I had to work the morning show that day did not help matters. Nathan was also battling a cold and he had a two constant streams of snot running down his upper lip. Not ideal conditions for kisses from Grandma. I did not think a trip to and from Minnesota in a matter of three days with the expectation of being back at work at 3 AM on Monday morning was the recipe to feeling better. So we delayed our trip and did a quick change in our Easter plans.
Nathan woke up to the arrival of the Easter Bunny. He got two Baby Einstein DVDs and a familiar classic baby toy, I'm sure many of you remember.
He seemed to like the basket more than anything! Check out the video:
We made it to Easter Mass at 8:30 and we learned that being 15 minutes early is not good enough on Easter. We had to sit in the extra seating in the lobby area. By the end of Mass, people were lined up in the entry way to come in for the 10 AM Mass.

We cleaned up nicely for Mass and my cold was doing much better after a day of relaxation on Saturday.
Our Iowa family, The Olsons (our neighbors), graciously invited us to spend another holiday with their extended family. I believe we've spent at least 4 or 5 holidays with them! We're honest to God part of their family now! As tradition goes, we had a huge meal complete with ham, potatoes, and deviled eggs.

I baked up a Lemon Cake (Chris and Alex Olson's favorite type of cake). I found the recipe in the Kraft Foods magazine (love it!). You use lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, and whipped cream. I regretfully forgot to take a picture of my masterpiece, but found this image from Kraft's website. Let's imagine that mine looked that good. I received rave reviews!
Here is the recipe: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/easy-lemon-cake-50221.aspx

After dinner, we learned of a new tradition: crack the egg. You each get an egg and one by one bang your eggs together. The last person standing with an uncracked egg is the winner. I for the life of me can't remember who won! Notice in the picture that Dave is holding a sleeping Nathan while cracking his egg. That is talent.
We moved on to a game that I'm much more familiar with: dominoes. I was on the verge of winning for the first time EVER when Christi's mom, Carole, beat me in the final round. Phooey!
And in other news, Nathan turns 7 months old on Tuesday. I know I say it every month, but I can't believe it. Here is his 7 month photo on Mr. Bear! He is so wiggly these days... he kept jumping and squirming and being plain silly. And he can sit up on his own on Mr. Bear!
Friday - I was in bad shape. I was coming down with a horrible cold. I had no energy and just felt wiped out. The fact that I had to work the morning show that day did not help matters. Nathan was also battling a cold and he had a two constant streams of snot running down his upper lip. Not ideal conditions for kisses from Grandma. I did not think a trip to and from Minnesota in a matter of three days with the expectation of being back at work at 3 AM on Monday morning was the recipe to feeling better. So we delayed our trip and did a quick change in our Easter plans.
Nathan woke up to the arrival of the Easter Bunny. He got two Baby Einstein DVDs and a familiar classic baby toy, I'm sure many of you remember.
He seemed to like the basket more than anything! Check out the video:
We made it to Easter Mass at 8:30 and we learned that being 15 minutes early is not good enough on Easter. We had to sit in the extra seating in the lobby area. By the end of Mass, people were lined up in the entry way to come in for the 10 AM Mass.
We cleaned up nicely for Mass and my cold was doing much better after a day of relaxation on Saturday.
Our Iowa family, The Olsons (our neighbors), graciously invited us to spend another holiday with their extended family. I believe we've spent at least 4 or 5 holidays with them! We're honest to God part of their family now! As tradition goes, we had a huge meal complete with ham, potatoes, and deviled eggs.

I baked up a Lemon Cake (Chris and Alex Olson's favorite type of cake). I found the recipe in the Kraft Foods magazine (love it!). You use lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, and whipped cream. I regretfully forgot to take a picture of my masterpiece, but found this image from Kraft's website. Let's imagine that mine looked that good. I received rave reviews!
Here is the recipe: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/easy-lemon-cake-50221.aspx
After dinner, we learned of a new tradition: crack the egg. You each get an egg and one by one bang your eggs together. The last person standing with an uncracked egg is the winner. I for the life of me can't remember who won! Notice in the picture that Dave is holding a sleeping Nathan while cracking his egg. That is talent.
We moved on to a game that I'm much more familiar with: dominoes. I was on the verge of winning for the first time EVER when Christi's mom, Carole, beat me in the final round. Phooey!
And in other news, Nathan turns 7 months old on Tuesday. I know I say it every month, but I can't believe it. Here is his 7 month photo on Mr. Bear! He is so wiggly these days... he kept jumping and squirming and being plain silly. And he can sit up on his own on Mr. Bear!

2 comments:
I love the video, too cute!! He is getting so big!! Happy Easter to your family!
You will have to tell the Olson's that I think they are awesome for always playing such fun games!
Post a Comment