Thursday, January 14, 2010

Babies and Books

As of the first of the year, my gym Aspen Athletics is no longer offering group fitness classes on Thursday morning. This has been a huge disapointment for me, as I've religiously worked out every Thursday and Friday morning for years. However, I'm taking this now what I consider "opportunity" to do more activities with Nathan.

This morning, we attended our first Books and Babies class at Johnston Library. What a blast! Nathan was so intrigued with the library. Not with the books per say, but with the aisles and open space - he wanted to run circles through the place!! Needless to say, I'm going to need to instill in my son the importance of being quiet at the library.

After running through the library, we made it back to the children's area. The class was about 30 minutes long and there were about 10 pairs of moms/nannies and babies (ages 6 month to 2 years). We sang songs, recited rhymes, danced, and read a book about getting dressed for the winter. We even dressed a bear to go outside and play in the snow. Nate had so much fun! He wasn't sure what to think at first but started running around the room in circles because he was so excited.


Nathan with his Library Books

Little did I know, board books are available to check out. So after class, Nathan and I had so much fun looking through all of the board books to choose from! We came home with four new books for Nate and Maya Angelou's "I Know Why A Caged Bird Sings" for me (the latest book club read).

I feel so blessed to have the work schedule I have where I can still work and do the job I love, but also have a couple days a week to do "Mommy" things like this.

We can't wait until next week!

0 comments: