Tuesday, April 06, 2010

An Egg-cellent Easter!

I've come to the conclusion that Easter will be Daddy's holiday to spend with Nate. As you're all aware, my job is a weekend morning gig. Easter is not a work holiday. That means unless I use a vacation day, I must work Easter morning. So as long as I'm at WHO-TV, Easter will be Dad and Nate time!

This was the first year that Nathan got to really experience Easter and have fun with it. We dyed Sesame Street Easter Eggs the night before.


I think Nate was more excited about sitting on a kitchen chair without a booster seat than actually dying the eggs!

Sunday morning, Dad and Nate woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had visited. Nate got a lot of goodies - his first Chocolate Bunny (which he has yet to eat), Elmo Easter Eggs filled with animal crackers, an Elmo bath toy, a new dump truck to go with his Mega Blocks, and two Dr. Suess books.


Once I finished up at work, we met at St. Pius church for mass and then headed over to the Olson's for Easter Dinner. They're our family here in Iowa and have welcome us over for many holidays over the past four years... Easter, Christmas, and New Years! We had a ton of great food and really enjoyed ourselves by finishing the afternoon with a game of Mexican Train Dominoes.

Here are the kiddos on the back porch on Easter Sunday: Jenna, Gabe, Alex, and Nathan.


0 comments: