Happy 30th Birthday to Me!
If the delay in this post is any indication, my life has been hectic lately. And it just slowed down this week. March seems to always be a very busy time for me. I've had spa parties, Creative Memory parties, speaking engagement at the Iowa State Science and Technology Fair, and the Severe Storms Conference. And of course, my birthday celebration!
I had the pleasure of going to dinner at Django with some of my best Iowa girlfriends and there hubbies on the night of my birthday, March 17th (St. Patrick's Day).
Django is a fabulous French restaurant in Des Moines and it has AMAZING food. I discovered Django through the recipe segment I do each week for our Saturday morning show. Django's executive chef, George Formaro is one of my favorite chefs to work with. I had a delicious Pan Seared Chicken in wild mushroom and wine wine cream sauce, roasted grape tomatoes, steamed vegetables and whipped potatoes. And this restaurant has THE best pomme frites, aka french fries. We got a serving of fries for an appetizer. We finished dinner with a Crepes Suzzette. I highly recommend Django if you're looking for a nice dinner place. And it's never been crowded when I've dined there.
I don't really have many thoughts on turning 30. It's seems odd to me because I still feel like a kid. It wasn't as dramatic or depressing as I've thought it might be when I've thought on this birthday in prior years. I just don't feel old enough to be 30!

0 comments:
Post a Comment