Beef Fried Rice
My sister, Amee, and her two friends Holly and Lindsey stayed with us for one night and one day.
It was the perfect opportunity for me to cook for people other than Chris! Sunday night, we grilled barbeque chicken with corn on the cob and my zucchini casserole.
On Monday night, I tried a new recipe for Beef Fried Rice, which I've never made before. I was really pleased with how it turned out. It was very easy - I had it cooked and ready to eat in 30 minutes. I really loved the asparagus in the dish. Asparagus is in season and delicious this time of year, so it was a great dish for the season. I served it with some of those egg rolls you can buy in the freezer section at the grocery store.
The recipe is in a magazine I have, so I'll have to share it with you here.
Ingredients:
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3 boneless beef petite sirloin steaks (5 ounces each), cut into thin strips
2 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups cold cooked instant rice
3 tbsp butter, cubed
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/8 tsp pepper
Directions:
In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set. Remove and keep warm.
In the same pan, stir-fry the beef, coleslaw, asparagus and onion in remaining oil for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Add rice and butter, cook and stir over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add eggs, stir in soy sauce and pepper.
Yield: 6 servings.
I hope the girls enjoyed my dinners and I that I fed them well enough!

0 comments:
Post a Comment