Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Soft Vegetable Tacos

You're not imagining this... two nights, two new recipes! I'm quite motivated this week!

Tonight I made Soft Vegetable Tacos and I really liked them! Chris wasn't impressed because he likes meat... but this hit the spot for me. I love anything that is Mexican. And I liked the summery take on tacos with the corn and zucchini! I know I will make these again. In fact, I think I prefer them to traditional tacos!



Two other great things about this recipe (1) it's very healthy and (2) it was quick and easy to make!

I served it with a side of Mexican rice.

Ingredients:

  • 1 2/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
  • 1 small zucchini finely chopped
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/4 cup salsa
  • 8 flour tortillas, warmed
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

  1. In a large skillet, saute the corn, zucchini and onion in oil until tender.
  2. Stir in beans and salsa. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through stirring occasionally.
  3. Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful on to half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and cheese. Fold tortillas over filling; serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings.

3 comments:

Heather said...

We tried this for dinner tonight. Zucchini is one of my favorite foods, and my husband is not a big meat eater, so it sounded like a good fit. I added some red and green peppers to the mix, along with a little garlic salt. It was very good and quick to make. I'm sure we'll have it again! Thanks!

DFWKnitter said...

Yummy, you will have to check out the ones I made inspired by your recipe!

Megan said...

Heather: I'm so glad you tried it! I think this will be a great summer recipe with all the zucchini that's available. Farmers Market... here I come! I'll have to add peppers next time.