Memorial Day Madness
It was a nice Memorial Day weekend for the Walterbach clan, despite "Mom" working every morning!
The weather held up relatively nice with a few isolated showers on Saturday, clouds Sunday and rain by the end of the afternoon on Monday. No severe weather. Whew! Looking back one year ago Sunday, Iowa's first EF5 tornado hit the town of Parkersburg at 4:59, wiping out 1/3 of the town.
The weather held up relatively nice with a few isolated showers on Saturday, clouds Sunday and rain by the end of the afternoon on Monday. No severe weather. Whew! Looking back one year ago Sunday, Iowa's first EF5 tornado hit the town of Parkersburg at 4:59, wiping out 1/3 of the town.


Chris's parents spent Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning with us. Grandma Kathy enjoyed babysitting while Chris and I went out with Gary to look at the carpet options at Home Depot.
Gary also hung up a swing for Nate under the back deck.
On Monday night, our friends Sara and Brandon came over for a Memorial Day cook out. Unforetunately we ended up grilling in the rain... well, Sara ended up grilling in the rain! Yes I know. I'm a great hostess! (More on the recipe in the next blog!)
...the boys watched the Twins (who lost). But, they enjoyed the dinner we made!
Nathan even enjoyed his first MEAT! Pureed Chicken! He's no longer a vegetarian! :)

1 comments:
He is such a good little eater! Plus I love the flip-flops in the swing photo!! Can't wait to see you all in July, I'm counting the days, am sooo jealous Kathy got to babysit :-(
Post a Comment