Thursday, January 08, 2009

Daycare, Day Off Update

It's been a wonderful day off! I really enjoyed spending time with Nate today. But you know, I think I'm okay with this working full time thing and having a baby. My experience thus far with our in-home daycare provider has been very positive. Granted, it's only been 3 days. But I'm pleased so far. And honestly, going to work is a nice break from the little guy. It makes my days off with him even more enjoyable!

I think the thing that made me feel the best this week is that on Wednesday when I arrived to pick him up. He was sitting on Karen's lap, sitting up, googly eyed watching all these silly little girls running around the living room, laughing and dancing. There was so much for him to see! You could tell he was just entranced with all the activity around him. It was the cutest thing ever. And the little girls would run up to him and shake little rattles and toys in front of him. You can tell the little girls at the daycare adore him (Nate's the only boy!). He was just so happy!!

And I think he's starting to understand this napping deal. Today is the first time that he slept for 2 hours straight for me! Karen had told me that she had been able to get him to nap for her while he was at her house...and now today, he did it for me! It was so pleasant to have two hours to myself. Granted, I did not use my time wisely (thus all the old school photos now posted on Facebook), but it was nice not to have to worry about Nathan and knowing that he was getting the rest he needed.

We made a run to Target and Hobby Lobby this afternoon. I found a package of 150 sheets of card stock for only $15! And it's cute paper! And I also got a few more things for scrapbooking. I know what I'll be doing tonight. Have a good night everyone!

0 comments: