Reality Begins
Starting tomorrow morning, Nathan goes to daycare for the first time. Up until this point, Chris and I have either had his parents or my parents here to watch Nathan or our schedules we're mismatched enough that at least one of us was home to be with Nate while the other worked. That all changes tomorrow (Monday) morning.
At the last moment, we made a change on our daycare. Back when I was 5 months pregnant, we had decided on going with a daycare center in town. I liked everything about it when I went and visited then. Two weeks ago, I visited again. Totally different feeling now. It seemed more like baby jail to me! It's odd how your perspective changes once your baby is actually here. You then really can imagine your little baby in a place like that and it's hard to think of putting them there. The babies in the room all had coughs. A baby was in a crib crying his eyeballs out. But I think what turned me off the most during this visit was the fact that the ladies who work in the infant room did not seem the least bit interested in actually coming up to Nate and I and saying hi to either of us.
As of last week, through the recommendation of a friend, I've chosen an in-home daycare provider. I went by her house, she showed me around. She also watches two four year old, two two year olds, and has a three year old herself. She was very kind to and interested in meeting Nathan.
I now like this idea of Nathan being in a home setting rather than cooped up in one room lined with cribs all day long. The in-home daycare provider has a seperate room with a couple cribs and toddler beds for naps, she has a play room with lots of toys in the basement, a swing set in the yard for the warmer months, and a garden out back where she'll bring the kids out to help in. She also does baby sign language with the infants.
So to make a long story short, Nathan's first full day out of the house and away from both Mom and Dad for 8 hours straight happens tomorrow. Send lots of happy baby vibes this way!
At the last moment, we made a change on our daycare. Back when I was 5 months pregnant, we had decided on going with a daycare center in town. I liked everything about it when I went and visited then. Two weeks ago, I visited again. Totally different feeling now. It seemed more like baby jail to me! It's odd how your perspective changes once your baby is actually here. You then really can imagine your little baby in a place like that and it's hard to think of putting them there. The babies in the room all had coughs. A baby was in a crib crying his eyeballs out. But I think what turned me off the most during this visit was the fact that the ladies who work in the infant room did not seem the least bit interested in actually coming up to Nate and I and saying hi to either of us.
As of last week, through the recommendation of a friend, I've chosen an in-home daycare provider. I went by her house, she showed me around. She also watches two four year old, two two year olds, and has a three year old herself. She was very kind to and interested in meeting Nathan.
I now like this idea of Nathan being in a home setting rather than cooped up in one room lined with cribs all day long. The in-home daycare provider has a seperate room with a couple cribs and toddler beds for naps, she has a play room with lots of toys in the basement, a swing set in the yard for the warmer months, and a garden out back where she'll bring the kids out to help in. She also does baby sign language with the infants.
So to make a long story short, Nathan's first full day out of the house and away from both Mom and Dad for 8 hours straight happens tomorrow. Send lots of happy baby vibes this way!

0 comments:
Post a Comment