Thursday, January 29, 2009


Enough with the complaining....

So after all of my whining last Friday about mommy guilt and feeling bad when going to the gym with Nate in the morning (and missing his nap time) and then feeling bad when NOT going to the gym.... I've realized something.

Nate naps BETTER when I take him to the gym in the morning! Last Thursday and today, I went to the gym. Nate stayed awake and played in the day care area. When we got home both days, he crashed and napped for an hour and a half. Last Friday (when I was whining and complaining... and skipped the gym), I could not get Nate to nap for the life of me!

From now on, I will be going to the gym in the morning and I'm not going to feel guilty about it any longer... because it ends up being BETTER for both of us that way! So there.

On another note, Chris and I bought a $300 Britax carseat for Nathan (since he's outgrowing the infant car seat)... and we only paid $44! Woo hoo! We had a 15% of coupon and tons of Babies R Us gift cards! Yay! Thanks family and friends! I can't wait to get it installed.

On one last note, I start my new work schedule tomorrow. My co-worker is going on maternity leave starting tomorrow, so I'll be working her shift Monday through Friday mornings. I'm not looking forward to going to bed at 6 PM and waking up at 2 AM.... but I am looking forward to having weekends off for the first time in 7 years! Yipeee!!!

Poor Chris... he has to take care of Nate all by himself during the hard early morning hours and when getting ready for work. I've been having Chris go and settle Nathan down when he wakes up overnight for a while now though. I did not want Nathan to get used to only having Mommy come to him at night. He needs to be a Daddy's boy because Mom will not be in the house from 2:30 AM on...... Send Chris best wishes. He'll need it!

0 comments: