Hypospadias
Very soon, you'll hear that Nate will be undergoing surgery. It's a relatively common surgery for a problem that's not uncommon - but it's not something we've mentioned too many people.
Nate has a condition called hypospadias. It's the most common birth defect in baby boys, about every 1 in 300. There are many different variations of it from mild to severe. Nathan has a mild case.
Basically, his urethra is just a touch too short. It didn't develop all the way while in utero. He will be undergoing surgery on Thursday morning at 7:30 to have it corrected. A urologist will be creating an extention to his urethra so that it extends to where it should extend to (the tip).
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers on Thursday morning. I'm very nervous as he'll be asleep during the procedure. He'll then have a catheter for two weeks until it is all healed.
Once his done, he'll be as good as new like there was never a problem.

5 comments:
I'll be thinking of you all morning. If you wake up early and need to talk to someone, feel free to give me a call. I'm sure Nate will be back to his "naughty" self in now time! He's a stubborn Virgo after all and that's how we operate!
Speedy recovery vibes coming Nate's way!! *Hugs*
He (and you!) will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.
I'll be thinking of you guys!
I know your mother's heart is a touch anxious right now and I offer up prayers for Nate's speedy recovery and for peace in your heart during and after the procedure.
Post a Comment