Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nathan's 1st Birthday Party


My baby is 1 year old! I didn't do any major planning for Nate's party... but just enough. I wanted to use it as one last opportunity for us to have over our neighbors and friends for an end of summer cookout... and that's just what we did!



I ordered cakes through a friend of a friend. Her name is Amy Hansen and she bakes cakes on the side as a hobby and for some extra money. I think she did a fabulous job on the cakes!! And she was very reasonably priced, even cheaper than the store bought cakes!!

The Cake for Guests

Nathan's Smash Cake

Everyone was so generous and spoiled Nate rotten with lots of fun toys. Although I will have to say he was not interested in the least in opening the gifts! But he sure didn't mind playing with them once they were open. The moms tell me he'll be more interested in opening gifts next year.


When it came time to dig in to the cake, Nate was having NONE of it! He about lost it in his high chair. I think he was just overwhelmed with all the people. Plus, he didn't get a nap that afternoon and MOM accidentally forgot to give him an afternoon bottle. Oops. My bad.



The Attempt at Eating Birthday Cake



Overall, I think the day was a big success! Especially because we got to share the day with so many wonderful friends!

0 comments: