Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Halloween: A Roaring Good Time


Our Halloween fun began on Thursday night when we dug into our pumpkins. I learned very quickly that I will never again by fresh from the farm pumpkins.... I could not carve the thing! It was the most difficult pumpkin that I've ever carved! I even broke my carving tools. It will be store-bought pumpkins for us here on out. Chris's pumpkin (a HyVee special) was a cinch to carve.

In Des Moines, trick or treaters go out on the night before Halloween (the 30th). So the big night was Friday night! Nate wasn't so sure about his tiger costume(from Old Navy) at first. It was so cute to watch him walking around in it. He chilled out when the kids started showing up at the door.



Chris took him to one neighbor's house, but because it was a cold drizzly night, we decided to keep him in. Nate really enjoyed seeing all the trick or treaters and did not get scared by any of the costumes, no matter how creepy they were!


We had a special visitor, our neighbor Lincoln! Lincoln is two years old and lives across the street from us. He was appropriately dressed as a lion. Except that he has a very talented mom who made his costume. I was super impressed.


0 comments: