Sunday, September 11, 2011

Daddy-Do List

My dad is the handiest guy I know! Since I was a little girl, my dad could do anything ... he was the go to guy. So when he comes to visit, I make sure I have a few things for him to help us with. This time our big project was our entry way, kitchen, and laundry area floors. We had old laminate original to the house (1992). It had quite a few tears and stains. We decided to go with the Allure Laminate Floor. We thought it would be the easiest to install and was not too expensive.

Here is the before of the entry way:

Here is the after:


Before kitchen:


After:


My mom is my Dad's right hand man. She's always by his side lending a hand... or at least an ear.


My dad also built a new mailbox to replace this one:


My Dad's woodworking skills... very impressive!


Now I actually get excited to go to the mailbox!!

As my Dad finished the mailbox, Chris finished up the floor boards along the new floors in our laundry room.


Mom helped by making us a Lemon Meringue Pie to enjoy during break time.


And as always, Nate was the perfect little helper. He had fun working on the toilet with Pa.

1 comments:

Eleanor said...

The toilet help is my favorite part! Second favorite was eating the pie ;-)