Sunday, September 11, 2011

Our Favorite Fodroczi's

Chris and I were able to get a weekend away from the Nate-ster in honor of Tracy and Brian. We've been friends with Tracy and Brian since 2003.


The Early Eau Claire Years

The friendship really grew since Tracy (& Brian) moved to Des Moines when she took a job at WHO-TV 6 months after I did in 2006. I had the honor of being one of Tracy's bridesmaids. It was fun to follow Tracy as she prepared for her wedding and included a couple of fun events including dress shopping and a bachelorette party.


I sweated it out over the last few months because I had ordered a size 16 dress back in December and went on to loose nearly 20 lbs over the winter. When the dress arrived in April, let's just say I would have showed off a whole heck of a lot if I wore it the way it was. Luckily I found a fabulous seamstress in Des Moines (Busy Bee Tailoring), who did an excellent job cutting the dress down 5" and shortening it by 2"! It looked gorgeous!

On August 27th, Tracy and Brian tied the knot. It was a gorgeous end of summer day in LaCrosse, Wisconsin along the great Mississippi River. The wedding was held in a band shell along the riverside park. Tracy rode in with her Dad on a horse-drawn carriage.





This was my very first outdoor wedding that I've been a part of and it was perfect!


Tracy even had the couples do a little twirl as we made it to the front of the seating area. Fun! The ceremony was short and sweet with some new traditions that I had never heard of (including a locked box of whisky and love notes, as well as the Maid of Honor and Best Man helping out with the vows).


The flowers were beautiful cali-lilies and Tracy's Dad made a beautiful arbor to decorate the bandshell. The one thing that made me nervous was when we discovered the officiant was due to have a baby in two days! Tracy had a strict no-pregnancy rule for her bridesmaids and then we showed up to find the officiant about to give birth. Luckily, no baby came and the officiant was there on schedule!


The next best part (besides Tracy and Brian making it legal) was that we got to see some of our old Eau Claire Buddies. Keva, Melissa and David were all there to watch the nuptuals. Keva works for www.msnbc.com in Seattle. Melissa works for a local hospital in Madison doing public relations. And David is still in local news as a weekend sports anchor in Madison.

The wedding was topped off with a fabulous reception at The Waterfront. We had an amazing dinner and good conversation.

I love this new Photo Booth idea for weddings. We've been to two weddings with photo booths and it's so fabulous! I love the photos that Chris and I took. Unfortunately, our pictures disappeared at the wedding. They were just so amazing someone needed a copy. Luckily, we took a picture of them before they disappeared.


The dancing started after dinner!



This look says it all when it comes to the Fodroczi's... Always ready for a good time!



Happy Life, Fodroczi's!

0 comments: