Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Walgreens Wonderment: 9/11/11

Chris thinks I'm crazy... after this weekend. Following these couponing blogs, I've become intrigued with Walgreens and the available deals. This weekend, I made my first Walgreens couponing trip. I always wondered who the heck actually used a cart at Walgreens. Now I'm one of those people and I totally understand. I kind of feel shameful admitting that.


I paid $11.87 for $33.79 worth of products (Advertised Savings: $15.17 and Coupons Savings: $6.75).

Here's where I did that.....

2 Welch's Grape Juice (normal: $4.99) - Sale 2/$6 with two $1/1 coupons and a Walgreens coupon for $1/2 = $1.50 each
2 Chex Mix - Sale .99 each with two .50/1 coupon = .49 each
Dawn Dish Soap - Sale .99 with .50/coupon = .49
2 Kellogg Cereals (normal: $2.79) - Sale 2/$4 with $1/2 coupon = $1.50 each
2 Ragu Sauce (normal: $3.29) - Sale 2/$4 with .75/2 coupon = $1.62 each
Brach's Autumn Mix Ice Cream (My FAVORITE CANDY) - Sale $1.50 with .50/1 coupon = $1.00

Doing the math with the above, I have my total at $11.71 before tax. Sweet! The Welch's Grape Juice is my absolute favorite deal!

And today, I ran back over to Walgreens because I had a Walgreens in-ad coupon for any Mars Candy items - 2 for $1 - as well as a Skittles coupon for $1/2... that means, I got 2 bags of Skittles for FREE! Now that's a sweet treat.


1 comments:

Eleanor said...

Your Dad has been using at cart at Walgreens forever! You are following in some mighty big footsteps ;-)