Monday, May 02, 2011




Easter Extravaganza
Easter 2011 - April 24th

Another long over due post. I'm so envious of all my friends and random bloggers who can actually stay up to day with their blog posts. I leave much to be desired. Here's another opportunity to get my act together.

We had a wonderful Easter. It was not just a one day celebration but a multi-day celebration. We had Chris's parents come and visit us for a few days before the holiday. They were here to help Nathan dye and decorate his Easter Eggs.



The night before, Chris and I went out for a birthday celebration for my gym friend, Leann. Yes, I have become friends with a few gals at the gym and I think they are fabulous. I like to call Leann my concert buddy. She has been the catalyst I need to get out of the house and have a girls night out. She gave me a reason to give in to my guilty pleasure and go and see Britney Spears last year. And in just a week + some, I'll be seeing Bon Jovi with her. She is a huge Bon Jovi fan. I know Bon Jovi's music (who doesn't?) but I'm definitely a Bon Jovi concert virgin.



As always, I had to work on Easter morning. That's okay though. The one positive is that at 3 AM when I'm about to leave the house for work, I get to play Easter Bunny and set out his basket and hide the Easter Eggs.


Once I got to work, I patiently waited and waited and waited to get photos and video from Chris during Today in Iowa Sunday of Nathan hunting for eggs and finding his treats from the Easter Bunny. After a few more impatient texts, I finally received my Easter gift: photos of my cutie looking delightfully pleased with his stash.

Nathan is loving both Thomas and backpacks right now. Bam! The Easter Bunny satisfied both of his loves. I don't think Nathan is a fan of candy. He'll start a piece, but he won't finish it. One bite. That's it. And that's not a good thing for me who has lost 15 lbs since November. Because since Easter, I have been eating way too much of my son's Easter candy.

One nice thing about working the morning show, is that I can still make it to Easter Mass. We made our mad dash to St. Francis for their last mass of the morning at 11:30. I was pleased to find that mass was full but not over-crowded. Everyone had a seat! We got their ten minutes early and had no problem finding a place to sit. I figure the crowded masses must be the two earlier ones at 8:30 and 10 AM. Sweet!

We then went straight home and I started cooking and cooking and cooking. Our friends, Tracy and Brian were set to come over and dine with us. Nate made things difficult by deciding he was going to refuse to nap. That always makes prepping a big holiday meal more difficult. When Tracy and Brian arrived, Tracy graciously played trains with Nathan to keep him occupied while I finished dinner. Nate loved every moment!


We had a fantastic dinner of Honey Ham, Lemon Green Beans, Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, and Croissant Rolls. Cheers! And Happy Easter!

0 comments: