Garage Sales and Picnic Lunches
It's my favorite time of year... the season of garage sales and picnic lunches! Today, Nathan and I had a very busy day. It started with Story Time at the Urbandale Library. We then dashed to Target to pick up a prescription. The rest of the morning was spend driving through the west side of Urbandale and Waukee stopping at garage sales.
Last night, I made my plan of attack. I always get on craigslist to find out which garage sales have Boys 4T clothing, because when you're carting a two-year-old around with you, the last thing you need to do is make unnecessary stops! I also was searching for a climber, small slide, or sandbox - but did not have any luck in that department. I found quite a few 4T items including a few Gymboree and Gap items for Nate this summer and next fall.
After all the garage sales, we met our friends the Bruins for a picnic lunch at Waukee's Centennial Park. It was a gorgeous day, but the wind made it a little cool. After lunch, the kids had fun on the playground and running across the fantastic walking Covered Bridge in the park. I really wish I had remember to bring my camera with me. I can't believe I spaced that off.
Nate did excellent all day in regards to potty training. He wore his big boy underwear all morning and we were out of the house from 9 AM to 2 PM. He never had an accident. He asked at about 11 AM to go to the bathroom while we were at a garage sale and luckily, they graciously allowed us to use their restroom.
Unfortunately, the afternoon ended with Nate falling backwards off the swing when he let go to tell me he wanted on one of the other swings. He hit the back of his head HARD with a loud thud. He cried right away, but was no mood to play. He just wanted me to hold him and lay his head on my shoulder. After a few minutes, I looked at his head and saw a large red area that looked bloody, but there was no blood to wipe away. With him still acting lethargic, I decided to take him in to Urgent Care. He had a hard time staying awake in the car. I kept talking to him to try to make him stay awake. We made it to Urgent Care and were seen in less than 5 minutes. The doctor looked at his head, checked his pupils and other reflexes. He started being silly with Nate and Nate perked up and started talking a little and smiling. The doctor thinks he is okay and we were good to go. Whew. That's a weight off my shoulders. I just need to check him after an hour and a half or so after napping. So hopefully he'll continue to be okay the rest of the day.
Never a dull moment with a little boy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment