May (The Twins Win) Day!
The first of May, we made our annual trip to Kansas City to see the Twins play the Royals with Sara and Brandon. Last year was cold and rainy:
This year, it was just cloudy and cool:
We were very glad the rain held off.... about 10 miles south of us. Unfortunately, the team was not as kind to us... it was a loss. 10 to 2... Royals. Ugh. But we found some comfort, we went to a tasty Soul Food restaurant and enjoyed some Southern Fried Chicken.
Maybe next year - we'll have some sunshine and a win.
There's a tradition here in Iowa that I had heard of, but did not think anyone actually did - May Day Baskets. The kids run to your door, ring the doorbell, and try to run off before they are caught - otherwise, you're supposed to give them a kiss if you catch them. Because this is a tradition I did not grow up with, it's a tradition I forget about every year until my door bell starts ringing. I of course forgot to make baskets for Nathan to take to the neighborhood kids. But when we got home, Nathan had hit the jackpot! His friends had all left baskets on our doorsteps. They included candy, popcorn, a pail and shovel, a jump rope, mini-frisbee, and a pretty pansy. That kid is one lucky guy with so many people thinking of him.
Now I need to work on setting up a reminder notice to arrive in my in-box a few days before May Day next year! It will be a fun project for Nate and I!

0 comments:
Post a Comment