Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spring Family Portraits



In early April, I found a lovely photographer who was willing to photograph my two crazy guys and myself. I typically like to get professional pictures of Nathan every 6 months, but had slacked off this past year and missed the 6 month mark by about a month and a half. Normally, I would take Nate to Target and have his portraits there, but I've become more and more jealous over the years of all the creative baby and family photos I was seeing friends having done. I had to search for a photographer!



I found APL Photography through a viewer who follows me on Facebook. So many photographers charge an arm and a leg and there was no way I could pay what many ask. APL Photography offered a reasonable rate for a family that doesn't have a fortune to spend on pictures. And photographer Amanda was so kind and easy going... and of course, talented!



I held off on pulling the trigger until we got to the end of April. I knew the beautiful flowering trees were at their most impressive in Water Works Park just outside of Downtown Des Moines the last week of April and first couple weeks of May. So we made a date to meet Amanda at the park on the last weekend of April.



Here is just a sample of what resulted. I could not be more pleased!



Please visit APL Photography's Blog here for some of our photos that she's edited into fabulous arrangements! You may have to scroll down a bit to get to our family.





0 comments: